Learn how to coach beyond the team.
Agile coaches and Scrum Masters face many challenges. They have no authority to insist people listen or do, yet managers and executives expect organization-wide results from their activities. Furthermore, many executives see clearly how teams should change, but don’t see how the environment or their own actions impact teams. Handing those managers an impediment list isn’t a winning strategy.
In our Coaching Beyond the Team workshop, you will learn how to establish credibility and rapport to influence and coach beyond the team. You’ll learn how to use diagrams to create understanding, and share data in a way that enables managers to take action.
Through simulations and small group activities we’ll explore common organizational patterns and dynamics. Through discussion and practice, you’ll learn tools that will help you communicate the changes needed to unleash productivity.
You will learn:
- How the way you enter a group impacts your ability to coach.
- How to see the visible and invisible structures in the organization which sustain the current pattern.
- How problems extend into the organization.
- How to discover and depict factors that affect the situation, and how they influence each other.
- How to choose which actions to take first.
- How to engage others in joint problem-solving.
The workshop’s design and content will take your skills to the next level. You’ll learn techniques for understanding the real problem. New analysis tools will reveal the real company, which bears little resemblance to the chart hanging on the wall. Experiential exercises will make this part of your coaching DNA.
How is coaching a team different from coaching individuals?
Agile Coach Camp US 2014 interview with Bob Payne of Agile Toolkit.